Friday, January 19, 2007

Ok, I thought I might as well extrapolate a bit on some of the other ways in which I'm really nerdy. I'm a mathematics and Spanish major and a computer science and Bible and religion minor. I really like Doctor Who, The Twilight Zone, and Torchwood, but not a lot of other science fiction. My favorite TV program is Masterpiece Theater. I play the piano, the pipe organ, and handbells (I can even play four-in-hand!). I also like studying really random bits of history. Henry XIII (and the rest of the Tudor line) and ancient Aztec culture are amongst my favorites. I love to read, but I tend to get too obsessive about it, so I have to restrain myself during the school year, or I won't study. I like fiction best, but historical novels and the occasional work of non-fiction are also good.

And of course, I love opera. Except Mozart. I love Don Giovanni, but other than that (and a few random arias), I can't stand Mozart's operas. They're far too happy. I think my favorite opera is Lucia Di Lammermoor, but I also really like La Traviata. I also like Wagner, even though I've only heard two of his operas.

This has been a very brief look at just how nerdy I am. I hope it did not frighten you excessively.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Dr. Who do you like? I've never watched to old series, but I just recently watched a few episodes of the new one and enjoyed it a lot.

ThatOperaNerd said...

The old ones are sometimes funny, but a little too dorky even for my taste. The ninth Doctor was fantastic, but the tenth is even better.

Pick said...

No, no, no, no! Tom Baker - I think Doctor number 7, was the BOMB! Just loved scarf, the hair, and all those jelly babies. Not to mention K-9 and that stint where he used the control room that looked like an old English drawing room.

Old Doctors too dorky! Ugh! I am crushed!

ThatOperaNerd said...

I'm sorry, Mr. Picklesimer, but I have to say that I think genetically-engineered races bent on the extermination of all other life definitely qualify as dorky when made of toilet bowl plungers and upside-down rubbish bins.

And I think Tom Baker was the fourth Doctor, actually.